Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: Canadian Club Dock 57 Blackberry Whisky

Canadian Club Dock 57 Blackberry Whisky review
Dock 57 Blackberry Whisky
So what am i doing reviewing CC Dock 57? Well I got this bottle a while ago as a mixer and it's been sitting on the shelf for about a year. According to the label this is a "brave new drink inspired by the historic shipping port where the first Canadian Club adventure began." I've never considered myself a brave man, but when faced with this "brave" drink I decided it was time to cast aside my cowardly shackles and man up. Here are my tastings notes...

Canadian Club Dock 57 Blackberry - Tasting Notes


Nose: very sweet and sugary, grape or blackberry jello, a faint hint of Canadian whiskey but you have to look for it

Palate: light, almost syrupy sweet and a little grain-forward. The flavors on the nose come through a little bit, but not as much as one would expect

Finish: some young alcohol & grain flavor show up at first, followed by light notes of the blackberry and grape which stick around for a while

Proof: 80 (40% ABV)
Price: $15

Look, this probably (or definitely) isn't intended to be a sipper. I bought it with the sole purpose of mixing with coke and getting a healthy buzz on during a tailgate (aka - bravery). Guess what... it worked!! Not only that, but it was a delicious combo that others seemed to enjoy. So if a "whatever" & coke is your poison, I'd highly recommend this bottle. But since this site is intended to review the sauce itself as a sipper, we're going to give out a not so flattering rating. It's just too sweet, syrupy and young tasting to have on its own... despite it being the bravest whisky I've ever tried.

Canadian Club Dock 57 Blackberry Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment