Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Jameson Distillery Reserve 12 Year


In honor of Saint Patrick I figured today was a good day to post an Irish Whiskey review. This bottle comes to us from the Jameson distillery and from what I understand is only available for purchase there. Sadly, I have yet to visit but my lovely assistant was able to snag one on her visit a couple years ago.

Jameson 12 Year Distillery Reserve - Tasting Notes


Nose: Sherry, pine needles, malty, slightly astringent and citrus-like. There is something familiar about it that I can't quite put my finger on.
Palate: Malty & bold. A light amount of sweetness pops it's head up and quickly disappears.
Finish: Light, pleasant, creamy with a small hint of pepper

Proof: 80 (40% ABV)
Price: ~??

Jameson Distillery Reserve Review
Jameson 12-yr Distillery Reserve
My experience with Irish whiskey is pretty limited and it shows here. The flavor profile is different than what I'm used to seeing in bourbons, ryes and scotches. This seems to be very grain-forward in it's flavor which isn't something I'm a fan of, at least in this instance. While it's something I may grow to appreciate, this just isn't for me right now. Don't let that scare you away however. While some share my opinion, if you are a fan of Jameson you may enjoy it as seen here and here.

Jameson Distillery Reserve Rating: 7.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment