Thursday, February 7, 2013

Singleton 12 Year of Glendullan Review

The Singleton of Glendullan 12 Year single malt scotch was recommended to me when I was looking for an accessible single malt with a bit more distinction than Glenlivet/Glenfiddich. While my experience with scotch is somewhat limited, I was looking to find something other than what might be found in a supermarket liquor aisle. Luckily, this is right in the price range of some of the more readily available single malts and can be found in most states. It is a Speyside scotch aged in bourbon and sherry casks that was introduced to the US in the Fall of 2008 (via drinkhacker.com).


Singleton of Glendullan 12 Year - Tasting Notes


Singleton 12 Year Review
Singleton of Glendullan Single Malt Scotch
Nose: Crisp green apples, honey, light smoke, raisin and floral notes.
Palate: The floral and apple notes really shine here with a minimal amount of oak in the background. The experience on the palate is quite similar to the nose
Finish: Very smooth, with light smoke and almost a cider-like flavor after some time

Proof: 80 (40% ABV)
Price: ~$40

While I have a few other characteristics listed, the predominant flavor with this scotch is green apple and crisp fruit. The nose and palate are teeming with this, while the finish is fairly soft and quick. This isn't an overly complex scotch, nor will it wow many seasoned whisky drinkers. However, I'm a big fan of this bottle. I've given it as a gift, and if I have a friend try scotch who is hesitant, I'll likely break out the Singleton. Just a very pleasant, inoffensive entry-level single malt.


Singleton 12 Year Scotch Rating: 8.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment